Monday, March 4, 2013

PLN Progress Report

Before EDM 310, I had never heard of a Personal Learning Network. After talking to a few people that I know, previously enrolled in this course, I got a better understanding of what to expect. In my PLN, I have various sites that range from personal to education use. I have my social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. I also have various links to places that I use daily in each of my courses. Since I am new to PLN, I am a little overwhelmed with all of the possibilities, but I am also very excited to see what kind of connections I can make that can help me later on. Let this new journey begin, and we will see where it may lead me!

1 comment:

  1. Leah,
    May I make a suggestion? My life as an educator changed when I began to form relationships with the people in my PLN. And Twitter played a huge part in developing it. This summer I'm going on vacation to see my daughter, but I will be stopping in Washington and British Columbia to meet face to face some dear teacher colleagues, whom I've only known on Twitter so far.

    A friend and I led a webinar recently: Ten Commandments of Twitter for Teachers Besides a link to the webinar, there are also a wealth of resources about using Twitter professionally. I hope you find something useful for developing your PLN.

    Sincerely,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete