Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project #10



When I was browsing the interweb for possible tools to use in my classroom, I came upon a link to 50 Really Cool Online Tools for Science Teachers that immediately snatched my attention. There were so many possible ideas for just about any science class. However, I did not find what I was looking for so I went back to the drawing board. After a little more digging, I found a similar page Technology Tools for Teaching and Learning. At the beginning of this page, there were various questions that sorted out the different resources based upon what your goals were for your students. As I began to seek out something that provided creative collaboration, I saw many other resources that could be useful as well. I came upon FlockDraw, which seemed appealing to me. In the description, it even mentioned the idea of collaborative projects, so I indulged my curiosity. FlockDraw is a website that is like a virtual whiteboard or canvas in which students, or anyone, can join a session and creative a drawing. The reason that I love this idea is because I am a visual and repetitive learner. Since students all learn differently, this provides them with the ability to make drawings of their objectives, as well as chat live with other students in their class. Often a concept can be better understood if it is approached in a different manner. I feel that this will allow them to collaborate to help each other learn in their own ways, and then everyone benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment